Christmas Catered Chalet Skiing Holidays
and Ski Deals in Morzine Avoriaz
A magical and memorable White Christmas in the centre of Morzine
Picture the scene: A roaring fire; the smell of cakes baking in the oven; a glass of bubbly and delicious festive snacks waiting to be eaten; the hot tub beckoning seductively from the garden and the sauna heating up downstairs; a huge Christmas tree with sparkling white fairy lights; Christmas carols playing softly in the background and a row of colourful stockings just waiting to be filled. This, and a lot more in addition, will be waiting when you arrive at one of Alpine-Adventure's catered ski chalets in Morzine for your Christmas break.
Why are our Christmas Ski Breaks so special
Christmas is a magical time of year and we really pull out all the stops to make sure that our Christmas guests have a fantastic experience in the Alps. We believe that your ski chalet should really feel like a home from home and whichever of our chalets you choose to stay in, we will make sure that you feel relaxed and comfortable, yet at the same time really well looked after. Every person celebrates Christmas slightly differently and every family has a different set of traditions so if there is anything particularly special that you would like to include in your festive break, just let us know and we'll do our best to incorporate it.
Here is a little bit of information on why Morzine is the perfect location for a Christmas ski break and what to expect if you book your skiing holiday with Alpine Adventure:
- Morzine is incredibly close to Geneva so your transfer time is minimal (just over an hour): you spend less time travelling and more time enjoying your hard-earned festive break
- Our private minibus transfers will take you straight from the airport to the chalet so there is no waiting around and no drop-offs on the way
- When you arrive at the chalet, let our friendly chalet staff take your bags up to your rooms whilst you sit down with a glass of bubbly or a cold beer and enjoy a selection of canapes. We'll show you around the chalet and share our secrets on the best pistes, bars and activities to try over your Christmas break.
- When you are ready, the knowledgable team from Doorstep Skis will get you kitted out with all of your ski and snowboarding gear - there's no need to head out into the snowy night to go to a ski shop - they will come, fully equipped, to the chalet - and call you down to our boot room a few at a time whilst the rest of you enjoy another drink!
- We'll give you your pre-ordered lift passes and lesson tickets and talk you through the quickest ways to get to your ski lesson meeting points, the best mountain restaurants to try and the where to find the snowiest slopes. If you're new to Morzine and the Portes du Soleil we can share our knowledge on the best pistes, snow parks and back-country terrain for your ability level.
- For Christmas, our chalets are decorated with festive lights and decorations and of course there will be a beautiful Christmas tree.
- Each morning your will wake up to the aromas of freshly baked croissants or sizzling bacon and freshly brewed coffee. Whether you prefer to leap out of bed at the crack of dawn to catch the first lifts, or prefer a more leisurely start to your morning, a hearty continental breakfast buffet will await you and our staff will be on hand to top up your pots of tea (a variety of popular British brands plus a large selection of herbal teas are avaialble) and cook your hot breakfast option. We can warm up bottles of milk and baby food for our youngest guests, and if any of your group have any particular dietary requirements just let us know and we will happily cater for your needs. Decaf tea and coffee, soya milk and gluten-free options are readily available.
- On Christmas morning, as well as the usual fare, you can enjoy a glass of fizz and search your mini-stockings for gifts from Santa. You can open your presents under our Christmas tree and listen to Christmas tunes in our cosy lounge.
- When you are ready, just let our friendly driver know and he'll load your skis into our minibus and whisk you off to the slopes of your choice.* From La Vieille Ferme you can be on any of the major ski lifts in around 10 minutes - with no need to walk anywhere in your ski boots and no need to carry your heavy ski gear! Guests at Chalet Lucioles can of course walk to the Morzine ski lifts with ease (it's under 1 minute to Morzine's main Pleney ski lift) and guests at Pine Marten Lodge can hop onto the free ski bus which stops frequently just outside the chalet.
- Whilst you spend your day wizzing around the 650km of ski pistes on offer in the Portes du Soleil, exploring the back-country, shredding in one of the many board-parks, perfecting your ski skills with a priate instructor or soaking up the winter sunshine in a deckchair outside a picturesque mountain cafe; our staff with prepare the chalet for your return. Cakes will be baked (again gluten / dairy free options are available); rooms will be cleaned; bars will be re-stocked and the chalet will be make ship-shape for your return
- When you've finished your day on the mountain, make your way back to one of the piste-side bars and grab a coffee or vin-chaud and our driver will soon be there to meet you. If you prefer to check out some early evening activities in Morzine before returning to the chalet; fancy doing a bit of shopping; or simply want to stay out later to enjoy the lively apres-ski scene that's fine. Evening pick-ups are perfectly possible. Guests in our central Morzine chalets can of course wander home whenever suits them - both of the chalets are very centrally located.
- When you return to the chalet hot drinks and delicious home-baked cakes will await you. Relax and play chess in front of a roaring fire; enjoy a glass of bubbly in the hot tub; take a few of our local craft-beers down to the games room and have a game of pool; or let the sauna warm you up after a day in the crisp, frosty mountain air. Kids can build snowmen in the garden, sledge in the park or relax infront of a christmas film.
- Dinner at the chalet is a great social occassion. Hearty, home-cooked meals, plenty of wine, games and banter and lots of fun! Many of our guests leave having made life-long friends - and often return to holiday together in future years. We can arrange early meal-sittings and seperate menus for children (if you prefer) and cater regularly for unusual dietary requirements. Our menus are healthy, seasonal, varied and delicious! (You can see our Food section for further details.)
- On Christmas Day, the meal at the chalet will of course be a huge Christmas Dinner with all of the trimmings. Roast turkey with home-made stuffing; nut-roast; pigs in blankets; roast potatoes and parsnips with plenty of gravy and cranberry sauce; carrots and fresh greens; wine and bubbly; crackers; party hats; music; games and fun!
- One day per week our staff have a night-off and we can recommend many excellent local restaurants for you to try.
- After dinner relax and share ski-stories over a night-cap in the chalet lounge; or head back into town where the night is young! For guests at La Vieille Ferme, St Jean d'Aulps village offers a number of great bars (all within easy walking distance of the chalet) often offering live music and weekly special events. Alternatively we can arrange transport into Morzine centre where the evening entertainment options are endless. Bars, pubs and clubs to suit all tastes (from open-air wine bar, to micro-brewary to traditional pub); live bands and djs; cinema; ice skating; evening swimming; or you can even head back up the telecabine for a spot of night-skiing or night-sledging
- On Christmas Eve, both villages offer a Christmas spectacle. The central squares come alive with music and dancers and the kids can watch Santa arrive on the mountain in his sleigh and then ski down into resort to greet them. The mountain sky lighs up with fireworks and you can dance beneath the snowflakes with some free mulled wine and alpine snacks . On your return to the chalet your kids can join us in leaving out Whisky and cookies for Santa, carrots for his reindeer, and help us to sprinkle reindeer dust on the lawn so that Santa knows where to land his sleigh.
Want to know more?
If you would like to book a skiing holiday with Alpine Adventure, or want any further information on the Christmas offers that we currently have available, please contact us or email us on email@example.com. Please always get in touch directly for our best deals!